Saving money and helping protect the planet
With all the news that energy companies are having to increase their prices to cover increasing wholesale costs, are there easy ways that we can all reduce our energy costs and create a sustainable future?
The answer is yes! iSupplyEnergy offer 100% renewable electricity to help their customers power their lives in ever climate-smarter ways and become free from fossil fuels within one generation. iSupplyEnergy is owned by Vattenfall, a major European retailer and producer of electricity and heat. Vattenfall believes in building a sustainable future and have invested over £3 billion in UK renewables to date. iSupplyEnergy is also the pioneer sponsor of One Home, which is the UK’s first one-stop shop for action on climate change.
The best energy tariff for you
Ensuring that you are on the best energy tariff for you can save you money every year. Whether you want the certainty of a fixed price tariff or the flexibility of a variable tariff, switching energy supplier is not as complicated as it seems. iSupplyEnergy customers will receive 100% renewable electricity as standard with any chosen tariff. At iSupplyEnergy, we believe it’s as easy as 1, 2, 3, and offer numerous competitive tariffs that are available for standard and prepayment meters.
iSupplyEnergy’s benefits include:
- 100% renewable electricity from our own Vattenfall wind and solar farms.
- Gas and green electricity supplier.
- UK-based team – including switching specialists who can help you switch hassle free.
- Excellent customer service and 24/7 online account management.
Once you are on the best tariff then the next step is to ensure you are saving as much energy and therefore as much money as possible off your energy bills.
Energy Saving Tips
Here are some top energy advice tips from iSupplyEnergy that you can do straight away. Changing your daily routines can help to reduce your costs and more importantly, your carbon footprint.
- Turning your thermostat down by 1°C could cut your heating bills by up to 10 per cent and save you around £85 per year.
- Is your water too hot? Your cylinder thermostat shouldn’t need to be set higher than 60°C/140°F.
- Closing your curtains at dusk with help to stop heat escaping through the windows.
- Always turn off the lights when you leave a room.
- Don’t leave appliances on standby and remember not to leave appliances on charge unnecessarily.
- If you’re not filling up the washing machine, tumble dryer or dishwasher, use the half-load or economy programme.
- Only boil as much water as you need (but remember to cover the elements if you’re using an electric kettle).
- A dripping hot water tap wastes energy and in one week wastes enough hot water to fill half a bath, so fix any leaking taps and make sure that they are completely turned off!
- Replacing your light bulbs with LED ones can save you around £35 per year on your electricity bills. LED bulbs also last up to 12 times longer than ordinary light bulbs.
- Fill gaps under skirting boards and between floorboards with newspaper, papier-mâché or mastic sealant.
- Fit a good insulating jacket to your hot water tank if it does not have sprayed foam on the outside.
- Put aluminium foil behind any radiators fitted to outside walls. Ordinary kitchen foil is fine, or you can buy specially designed panels from DIY stores.
- Install cavity wall insulation.
- Top up loft insulation.
- Buy energy saving appliances with A++ ratings.
- Wash your laundry at 30 degrees or lower.
Switching to Green
Saving energy and switching to a green energy supplier are great ways to reduce your carbon footprint. iSupplyEnergy offer 100% renewable electricity from solar and wind farms with a range of tariffs. By selecting the correct tariff, you can save money on your energy bills and still support clean electricity generation.
If you are interested in switching to green power then visit https://www.isupplyenergy.co.uk/one-home.